EHS
Logo
divider


Launched 09/04/2011

Latest update

25/02/2017 13:53

divider




Search Properties



Select Options





Property



Street






Grade II Listed
Poors' House
High Street
C = Church of St. Mary the Virgin


Demography
123
YearNameAddressRelationConditionGenderAgeOccupationPlace of birth 
1901Thomas R PitcherHigh StreetHeadMarriedM80Retired PlumberCanterbury
1901Eliza N PitcherHigh StreetWifeMarriedF67 Faversham
1891Thos R PitcherHigh StreetHeadMarriedM70Plumber & DecoratorCanterbury
1891Eliza Neale PitcherHigh StreetWifeMarriedF56 Faversham
1891John E WhitnallHigh StreetApprenticeSingleM20Plumbers ApprenticeElham
1891Henry PitcherHigh StreetSonSingleM14Pupil TeacherElham
1881Thomas R. PIlcherHigh StreetHeadMarriedM60Plumber Employing 1 ManCanterbury
1881Eliza N. PIlcherHigh StreetWifeMarriedF47  
1881Jane M. PIlcherHigh StreetDaughter F5ScholarElham
1881Harry PIlcherHigh StreetSon M4ScholarElham
1871Thomas R PitcherHigh StreetHead M50 Kent
1871Eliza M LidstoneHigh Street  F36 Kent
1871William S PitcherHigh StreetNephew M21 Kent
History
     
   This building, now divided into two separate dwellings, was once the Elham Poor's House, and was erected in the 18th century. It has a central carriage entrance, with the Master's house on the left. It is of three stories with most of its windows original. Note the top windows, which open by sliding sideways. Elham Study
 1845 Tithe Apportionment: 827, C & G, 0.0.25, owned and occupied by Henry Holliday.
 1966 Listed by English Heritage
 2007 The Poors & Masters Houses Bryan Badham
Ownership
 YearAddressHouse Name£ PricePurposeNotesOwner 
 1845High Street    Henry Holladay
 2010High StreetPoors' House