EHS
Logo
divider


Launched 09/04/2011

Latest update

13/06/2017 00:14

divider




Search Properties



Select Options





Property



Street






Grade II Listed
Master's House
High Street
C = Church of St. Mary the Virgin


Demography
12
YearNameAddressRelationConditionGenderAgeOccupationPlace of birth 
1911John Edward WhitnallHigh StreetHeadMarriedM41Plumber And DecoratorKent Elham
1911Susan Maria WhitnallHigh StreetWifeMarriedF40 Kent Woodchurch
1911Albert Edward WhitnallHigh StreetSonSingleM15Grocers ApprenticeHertford Hampstead Abbotts
1911Kathleen Alice WhitnallHigh StreetDaughter F13SchoolKent Elham
1911Dorothy May WhitnallHigh StreetDaughter F5 Kent Elham
1901Susan M WhitnalHigh StreetWifeMarriedF30 Woodchurch
1901John E WhitnalHigh StreetHeadMarriedM30Plumber & DecoratorElham
1901Albert E WhitnalHigh StreetSonSingleM5 Hanstead Abbotts
1901Kathleen A WhitnalHigh StreetDaughterSingleF3 Elham
1891Hy Joseph PagetHigh StreetHeadMarriedM48Drill InstructorHackney
1891Emma Eliza PagetHigh StreetWifeMarriedF37 Colchester
1881Benjamin RickardsHigh StreetHeadMarriedM56Permd Sert E K Y C Chelsea PensionerBagshot Surrey
1881Sarah RickardsHigh StreetWifeMarriedF50 Bilston Stafford
History
     
   This building, now divided into two separate dwellings, was once the Elham Poor's House, and was erected in the 18th century. It has a central carriage entrance, with the Master's house on the left. It is of three stories with most of its windows original. Note the top windows, which open by sliding sideways. Elham Study
 1845 Tithe Apportionment: 826, C & G, 0.0.10, owned by Henry Holliday, occupied by William Unstep
 1924 Kelly's Directory: Whitnall, John Edward, plumber
 1966 Listed by English Heritage
 2007 The Poors & Masters Houses Bryan Badham
Ownership
 YearAddressHouse Name£ PricePurposeNotesOwner 
 1845High Street    Henry Holladay
 2002High StreetMaster's House222500